Friday, January 19, 2007

Pure Joy

I have decided that 2007 is going to be a really big year for me. So far not so good, but I have a little over 11 months to go. I have been feeling pretty crappy lately, tired, I have had 6 migraines in 2 weeks and a on top of that a headache that seems to always be lingering for 3 weeks or so....so it kind of sucks. So to be real, I am trying to get back into the groove of life but it has been really hard lately. I seem to be going nowhere, even when I think that everything is okay again, it's not. I just want to sleep. So enough complaining....

This past year was huge for me, if I was to write what I had accomplished the list would go on and on..maybe someday I will....

And what I want to accomplish for 2007, and no it is not a New Year's Resolution. I am not into New Years resolutions, that is why I had to wait 3 weeks.... I want to find pure joy.... The joy that only the Lord can give us, that comes from deep within....and no that doesn't mean I have to be happy all the time, because we have to have joy even in our sorrows.... If I were happy all of the time it would be really fake, because that just isn't me.

If I could accomplish this one thing it would be huge for me... and it would bring so much growth along with it. I started to read a book called Pure Joy, but I haven't finished it. I think my first step is to pick it up again and really read it.

4 comments:

Scottie said...

what steals our joy? i have been seriously lacking in this department so it is encouraging to read of someone who wants to improve this as well... i think for me, the lack of joy comes from comparing my "crappy" life (as i see it) to others who i presume have "it" together so much better than me... the way people talk it sounds like all i need to say is "in Jesus name, i have joy" and it should happen, but this is such a struggle for me... i don't know, any insights? what are ya learning?

Anonymous said...

I have to use anonymous because I am at work and it won't let me log in for some reason.
God Bless
Raema

Hey Scottie, I have to laugh because I just wrote this really long response and I lost it in cyberspace somewhere. So here I go again...:)

I know that the Devil does everything he can to steal our joy. For me I can easily get lost in "what life would have been if..." I also tend to react negatively, think negatively, sometimes living in self-pity, "if only I had this or that, their life is so much better then mine." I can have it all together and then a little set back and I feel like I am back where I was a year ago, but I know I'm not. The Devil just wants me to think that I am. The difference is I am not willing to give up, and I will do whatever it takes to have pure joy.

I know that if God wanted to give me pure joy instantaneously he could, but I also know that sometimes it is a process, we have to change the way we think, the way we respond to obstacles in our path. We need to learn and grow so that we can help others along the way. And when you look around you at the people who you think have it all together, do they really?? Or is it just a face they put on??? Most people wear a pretty good mask.

I have started to read the book "Pure Joy" again, and I highly recommend it. It is written by R.T. Kendall. I think that as I read I may blog about what I am learning, once I have it figured out in my head, there's alot to think about. Hope all is well, are you coming to Freddy anytime soon??

Scottie said...

Raema... i really appreciate you insight here... i have taken a couple of days to read it and re- read it... there were so many points that you shared that i said, ah huh, that is me... especially with the would of, could of, should of's and self pity trap...
you are very good with words raema... you put things that i have felt trapped in very simply... that is cool... i may have to look up that book...

about freddy, i was supposed to be there last weekend, but emily's lawyer didn't let her know that i was supposed to and now i cannot afford to this weekend... but hopefully on the 3rd i will be up to see my running bundle of joy... ya know, we still need to do coffee sometime eh? lol..

anywho, thanks... have a good day...

raema said...

Thanks Scottie, I don't think I have ever been told I am very good at words before, usually they are all up there in my head running around in circles and won't come out so that's nice to hear. Yeah, let me know when you are in town.