Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Lobster for Supper

Over the years my family has developed a custom of having lobster over the Christmas holidays, and every year they take it up to "the other house" to cook it. Why??? Because I was always allergic to lobster. If it had been cooked in someones house I would walk in and even if it had been 2 days before I would have a reaction, my throat would get itchy and swell, etc. And I just couldn't be around it. But this year was different! Last May when I was at the Anne Grant Retreat on Grand Manan, on Saturday night, they call it Healing and Deliverance night, they were feeding the Bahemian ladies lobster. They brought them out and I realized that I better get going, so I went to tell me mother that I had to leave because of the lobster. I was starting to feel a little light headed and strange so as I was leaving my Mother grabbed my shoulder and said "Satan you can't have my daughter!" And I went down on the floor. As I am laying there I am fading in and out of consciousness and in my mind I'm thinking I could be laying here dying and people are going to think I am Slain in the Spirit. And then the peace of God came over me and my airways opened up and I felt great, and then all I could do was laugh. Well I haven't come into contact with Lobster since then, so I really wasn't sure what to expect this Christmas. I really didn't believe that I was healed. I thought it was just for that night. Yea of little faith. I even got my Dr. to prescribe me an epipen! I came home on Dec. 22 and my Mom called me at my brothers to tell me that they cooked lobster at the house, just to let me know. So I was kind of mad, because I thought I would react. I went home and no reaction. So that's cool, but they were just cooked it's not like I had eaten them. The next day Mom gets them out to shock them, and I stand there, and man don't they smell. I'm standing there waiting for a reaction and nothing happens, I get bored and go upstairs. Then it's supper time and I get kind of mad because Mom didn't cook anything else for me to eat and I'm not eating lobster, and there is no benadryl in the house. So I give in and I take a little bite and nothing happens. So I ate 2 whole lobster roles! Wow! God is good!

2 comments:

Scottie said...

that is amazing raema... so cool... so if God can heal you this way do you think He could help me like lobsters? not that i really want to, but it's just a thought...

good post... He is good...

Becky said...

Awesome testimony! Thanks for sharing it. I enjoyed your blog!
Becky