Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Crown Canada

Life has been pretty busy lately...

Tonight is week 8 of my public speaking course, 2 more weeks to go and then we have graduation, I seem to have gotten so far... and just can't get any further, I get up there and freeze, I start out and then my mind goes blank it seems like forever (but it's only a few seconds) and then I'm okay, I just want to get up there and be able to do the whole thing without freaking out....

Last week I started leading the Crown Financial small group bible study at our church, I am pretty excited about that, we only ended up with 2 people after a bit of miscommunication, but it still turned out really great. I love leading that course. To see people get that God does care about our financial situation and when our finances are a mess our relationship with God can be a mess as well.

I have also been hitting the gym lately, which takes up a lot of time, but I feel so much better, can't wait to lose all the weight I have gained over the winter. So far I have gained weight, hopefully it's muscle. :)

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I'd love to hear how you like Crown Financial. They have this at my church too. Been thinking about trying it out.

raema said...

Hi Danielle, I think Crown Financial is a great course. This is my third time actually facilitating it and I'm loving it again. It is a great way to get to know new people in your church, I have made some lasting friendships, and the girl that rooms with me now was from my last course.

The two men that started Crown Financial went through the entire Bible and found all of the scriptures that had to do with money and possessions, there were over 2350 verses found, and that is what they made the course on. It's great!

We had a few people that came into the course this year and they thought that they were going to be taught by someone with a financial background, so they were disappointed and dropped out. It is more along the lines of a bible study, everyone does there homework and then it is brought to the class and discussed. These same people also thought they would be told how to invest, but the course doesn't get into that, it does talk about investing and going to a financial advisor though.

Hope this helps.

God Bless!